Senior SEC Analyst
Our client in San Francisco went public last year and are looking to expand their team.
Employees are collaborative and innovative, and we’re looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us and enjoy 401K matching, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mother’s room, and flexible work hours!
As the Senior SEC Analyst, you will play a key role in preparing the Company’s internal and external financial reporting. You will manage the process of preparing, reviewing, submitting and distributing the financial reports. As we continue to scale, you will partner with various stakeholders in the Company getting great exposure to various parts of the business.
This position is based in San Francisco, CA and will report to the Director, Technical Accounting and Reporting.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare financial statements and disclosures for external financial reporting, including 10Q/Ks, 8K’s and earnings.
- Prepare and maintain supporting schedules and disclosure checklists.
- Prepare and maintain calendar of recurring reporting requirements including internal and externdal reporting
- Record monthly entries for equity and balance sheet accounts.
- Assist with or review the XBRL taxonomy.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly management reporting packages.
- Research relevant U.S. GAAP accounting and disclosure requirements and SEC rules
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) controls
- Liaise with external auditors for coordinating audits and review.
- Assist in various ongoing and ad-hoc projects or initiatives and maintain SOX documentation.
- 2-4 years of professional accounting experience.
- CPA or public accounting background is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Solid knowledge of financial statements, US GAAP and SEC reporting.
- Experience with online reporting tool is a plus
- Strong communication, collaboration skills and ability to partner with cross-functional teams.
- Detail-oriented and commitment to high level of accuracy.
- Self starter who has proven ability to meet firm deadlines.
- Well organized and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.