Senior SEC and Technical Accountant
As a Sr. SEC Reporting & Technical Accountant, you will play a pivotal role on the Finance team of a high-growth medical technology company. You will provide technical expertise and support for technical accounting functions, working cross-functionally with accounting staff, legal, and other stakeholders across the organization. This position offers the successful applicant the opportunity to leverage a strong background in technical accounting into a leading role in a dynamic, purpose-driven company.
What You'll Do
- Assist in the evaluation of significant accounting transactions, implement relevant accounting technical standards, and prepare technical accounting memos supporting accounting positions.
- Prepare SEC filings and supporting documents, including Form 10-K, 10-Q proxy statement, and other required form filings as well as the preparation of footnotes and MD&A and tie-out of financial statements and disclosures.
- Review extensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL) tagging in connection with
- Form 10-K and 10-Q filings.
- Prepare monthly consolidated cash flow statements and internal management reports and help with presentations to executive management and the Audit Committee.
- Assist with the internal accounting close process to support acceleration of close schedule
- and external reporting timelines.
- Responsible for preparing schedules, journal entries, and reconciliations for technical areas as well as assisting with the close and monthly finance review processes overall.
- Prepare data and other supporting information requests as needed for audits and reviews conducted by our external auditing firm.
- Collaborate with internal SOX consultants to ensure that operational and design effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting are maintained.
- Provide support to the SEC Reporting Manager for the review and execution of contracts.
What You Bring
- The desire to be part of a dynamic team in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related discipline, and at least 3-5 years or related experience.
- Knowledge of SEC Rules and regulations as well as auditing practices and principles.
- CPA and/or public accounting experience preferred, but not required.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills required.
What We Offer
- A collaborative teamwork environment where learning is constant and performance is rewarded.
- The opportunity to be part of the team that is revolutionizing the treatment of some of the world's most devastating diseases.
- A generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; a 401(k) match; and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan.