Software Engineer, Data Infrastructure
Title: Software Engineer, Data Infrastructure
Location: San Francisco
Terms: 12 months (w/ potential of FTE conversion)
Years of Experience: 6+ years
- BigQuery/GCP – Need to have experience configuring and supporting BigQuery for an organization with over 1000 users.
Our leading and well-known automotive client in San Francisco is looking for a software engineer to join their dynamic team. You will be working closely with an early team that builds the data transport, collection, and storage, and exposes services that make data a first-class citizen. If you are passionate about building and maintaining large-scale data processing systems and are motivated to make an impact in creating a robust and scalable data platform – our client would love to talk to you
- Work cross team to build and maintain integration between google cloud platform and client's infrastructure
- Understand and manage resources on BigQuery and other google infrastructure for different teams
- Help ensure the security and compliance of our data in google cloud
- Work with our partners in Google to understand and implement new features that work
Experience & Skills:
- Hands-on experience with Google cloud offerings including BigQuery, Composer, StackDriver
- Experience using one or more monitoring and alerting solutions including wavefront, grafana, pagerduty, stackdriver
- Experience configuring and supporting BigQuery for an organization with over 1000 users.
- Able to think through long-term impacts of key operational and design decision and handling failure scenarios proactively
- Familiarity with big data open source technologies like Presto, Hive, Hadoop, Spark, Airflow etc.