Our client in the East Bay is looking for a Sr. Accountant on a contract-to-hire basis. This role will focus on general ledger accounting responsibilities including month-end close, daily accounting operations, assistance on projects and general ledger reconciliations. NetSuite experience preferred. Extensive GL reconciliation and accounting experience from a mid to large company required.
· Reconcile general ledger and bank accounts, and record monthly adjusting journal entries
· Daily cash management, including reconciliations between bank and internal systems
· Assist with daily accounting operations including AP, AR, and financial reporting
· Produce financial statements, forecasting, and variance analysis
· Participate in ad-hoc analytical and research projects and process improvement initiatives
· Set up as well as process reconciliations properly.
· 5+ years of accounting experience
· Strong GAAP and financial statement knowledge
· Excellent complex GL and bank reconciliation ability
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with strong presentation ability
· Proactive and team centered, with a collaborative working style
· Advanced ability with Microsoft Excel and the full MS Office Suite
· NetSuite is preferred but not required.
· Experience with a large ERP and financial reporting tools