Our client in the East Bay/Tri-Valley area has an immediate need for a Sr. Accountant for a 3+ month engagement with the potential to convert full time.
- Prepare journal entries and reconcile various general ledger accounts for the month-end financial close in accordance with GAAP.
- Assist with month-end closing financial reporting, including detailed variance analysis of actuals vs actual and actual vs plan for expenses for the company.
- Eagerness to drive best practice and continuously challenge and drive initiatives.
- Ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance with at least 5-7 years related experience
- Ability to work independently and be action oriented, combined with being able to work within a Team
- Excellent planning, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills, strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of broad-based relevant experience in Accounting, tech environment preferred
- Thorough understanding of GAAP and monthly close process
- NetSuite experience required