Sr Cost Accountant
Our client in the East Bay has an immediate need for a Sr. Cost Accountant on a contract-to-hire basis.
· Analyzes inventory and production variances associated with manufacturing work orders
· Collects and studies data to determine costs of business activity such as materials, labor, and overhead.
· Analyze standard profit margin
· Maintains standard cost for customary built systems and update cost for materials and
· Reconciles intercompany sales & cost of goods sold
· Assists in GL to Perpetual Inventory reconciliations
· Analyzes and resolve work order variances
· Reconciles Customer and vendor consignment
· Performs cycle count audit
· Purchase price variance analysis
· Performs month-end close and assist with internal and external audits
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong knowledge of GAAP
· Strong hands-on experience with an ERP system; SAP is a plus
· Completes monthly COGS and operating profit analysis and variance analysis on PPV,
project close variance, etc.
· Coordinates with Supply Chain department for scrap, cycle count, warranty issues and
review related costs.
· Working knowledge of standard cost and work order systems
· Ability to work effectively with line management and corporate Accounting/finance
· BA/BS Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience