Sr. Data Engineer
Job Title: Sr. Data Engineer
Terms: 6-8 Months
Location: Primary- San Jose ; Secondary – SFO
Our client is seeking a senior data engineer for our well-known client in San Jose who's leading in the machine data generated space.
- Basic Python experience
- Deep and advanced Sql exposure
- ETL Development (Matillion is the tool, but Informatica is very similar)
- AWS Redshift experience
- You'll be pulling data from multiple sources (Salesforce is one) and moving to AWS Redshift
Skills, Roles and Responsibilities
- Experience with building scalable and reliable data pipelines using Data engineering technologies like Matillion, Python, and SQL based programming.
- 8+ years of experience with and detailed knowledge of AWS based data warehouse technical architectures, data modeling, infrastructure components, ETL/ ELT and reporting/analytic tools and environments, data structures and hands-on SQL coding.
- 4+ years experience designing and developing complex ETL/ELT programs with the following Matillion, Python etc
- 8+ years experience developing complex SQL
- Experience using Cloud database technologies such as RedShift, Snowflake
- 3+ years experience programming in Python, and/or Java
- 2+ years experience in data quality testing; adept at writing test cases and scripts, presenting and resolving data issues
- 2+ years implementing and programming data ingestion and ETL programs with large datasets (Terabytes sized analytical environment)
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources
- Experience developing and implementing streaming data ingestion solutions
- Experience in Agile methodology (2+ years)