Sr. Payroll Accountant/Specialist
Our client in Newark has an immediate need for a Sr. Payroll Accountant/Specialist on a direct hire basis.
Keys for the role are below:
- ADP Workforce now required
- Processing US payroll and reviewing international payroll
- Oracle a big plus as journal entries uploaded to oracle
- Accounting degree or experience reconciling all payroll related accounts and preparing payroll journal entries
The Payroll & Equity Accountant/Senior Accountant will be responsible for the processing, review and reporting of multi-state domestic and international payrolls. The ideal candidate will possess a background in processing/reviewing domestic and international payrolls and have a BS in accounting or equivalent.
This hands-on role requires the ability to make independent decisions around payroll from new hire entry through financial statement accounting. Working with Global Mobility to review and report payroll information for international assignments will be key to the success of the Payroll Accountant/Senior Accountant. As equally important, the Payroll Accountant/Senior Accountant must have an interest in automating and bringing efficiencies to the payroll process. This position will also be heavily involved in the company's equity and 401K system management and accounting. To be successful the candidate also must possess excellent organization and communication skills.
- Verify and clarify information needed for payroll processing for each pay period including pay rate changes, deductions, new hires, terminations, overtime pay calculations, etc.
- Work with Global Mobility to ensure that inpatriates and expatriates are taxed properly, and their information is correctly reported in the home and work countries.
- Prepare payroll-related journal entries and perform a variety of accounting tasks including resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Prepare payroll-related government reports and records, such as quarterly reports, W2/W4/1099b, DD forms, requested. Including one-time requests and/or quarterly reports.
- Prepare 1099’s for equity related activities driven by the company and employee’s actions.
- Provide payroll information to insurance and government auditors.
- Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Create payroll and related journal entries, considering the proper accounting treatment, and uploading to Oracle.
- Produce custom reports from ADP and Oracle as required by the business.
- Analyze and reconcile payroll and benefits accounts monthly noting exceptions and suggesting solutions to management.
- Provide excellent client service to employees, by timely responding to inquiries.
- Experience transitioning payroll systems or transitioning from an outsource model to inhouse a plus.
- Maintain manual PTO tracking systems to acutely reflect employees’ balances and report those balances to internal systems.
- Maintains or accumulate technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Education and/or Experience
For consideration candidates will need a degree from a college or university, and 5+ years of job related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and job-related experience.
- Proficiency with Oracle
- Proficiency with ADP Workforce Now payroll software
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Word Processing software
- Strong PC skills, including Hyperion Reports