Staff Accountant (2) (Michelle)
This position will support Fund Accounting and Corporate Accounting functions. Fund accounting involves reporting of various public and private equity investments. Corporate accounting involves various inter-entity revenue and expense allocations, analysis of G&A expenses, and budgeting/forecasting activities.
The position will assist in select aspects of Controller’s mandate, but will primarily focus on:
- Prepare wire requests for invoice payments, investment funding, and other transactions.
- Record daily cash, accrual and recurring journal entries with sufficient details to ensure analysis and detailed reporting can be performed from the general ledger data.
- Prepare and invoice fixed fee and contractual service allocations in accordance with legal agreements
- Initiate loan requests, draft loan agreements, and prepare interest accrual schedules based on terms stipulated in loan agreements
- Prepare Account Reconciliations including, but not limited to: Bank accounts, A/R, Prepaids, A/P, Credit card transactions, Deferred Rent
- Reconcile and manage intercompany accounts with related parties, including settlement
- Prepare capital call notices and maintain commitments schedules for investment funds
- Prepare equity allocation schedules and equity pickup entries based on the provisions of limited partnership and limited liability company agreements.
- Prepare and issue quarterly capital statements to partners of investments funds.
- Prepare timely and accurate Financial Reports in various formats and using various tools
- Perform analytics and special projects as requested
- Work with all personnel, cross functional, cross entity and various levels of management
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of GAAP, financial concepts and variation analysis
- Prior experience in Fund Accounting and/or Multi-entity structures a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to prioritize tasks and time manage multiple deadlines
- Exercises independent judgment to identify and resolve complex problems
- Excellent interpersonal and communications (verbal and written) skills
- Highest attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 2 – 3 years related work experience and/or training
- CPA certification desired but not required