Staff or Senior Accountant
Our client is looking for an experienced professional to assist the Controller and CFO in implementing the accounting processes and standards required to scale the company and take it public. The successful candidate will be hard-working, highly ethical, and able to think and act both strategically and independently. This position operates in a face-paced environment and must be able to react quickly to support the company’s growth.
- Responsible for month-end close procedures for main operating entities, including preparation of monthly journal entries, account reconciliation and analysis of results.
- Maintain and reconcile various Balance Sheet Accounts as required.
- Responsible for accounting for Prepaid Expenses, Intangible Assets, Deferred Rent, Fixed Assets and various accrued expenses.
- Partner with FP&A to help analyze and document balance sheet and income statement activity and variances.
- Prepare relevant schedules for quarterly reviews and annual audits; work closely with external auditors.
- Proactively identify issues and implement process improvements to streamline accounting processes.
- Help establish and maintain policies and procedures and internal controls.
- Perform other special projects and analyses as directed by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 3-4+ years accounting experience, preferably a minimum of 2 years in Big 4.
- CPA, CPA eligible or working towards a CPA (strongly preferred).
- In-depth knowledge of US generally accepted accounting principles with specific experience related to inventory accounting
- Experience with ERP systems is a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize and adhere to deadlines
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills
- Team player and solid communicator (written and verbal skills); strong interpersonal skills including flexibility and dependability; ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrates initiative to learn about business and work to improve results