Our client is seeking a Staff Accountant to join the Finance team to support day-to-day operations of their management company. The Staff Accountant will primarily be responsible for the monitoring, review, verification and reconciliation of invoices and expenses within Intacct and Concur according to the Company’s policies and procedures in an efficient, timely and accurate manner.
In addition, the role will support the accounting team with reoccurring operational and ad hoc assignments and will have the opportunity to cross train with other roles and have exposure to other senior leaders on the team. Successful candidates will thrive in a fast paced, dynamic and collaborative environment and are interested in learning about all aspects of the firm.
- Review expense reports and invoices and ensuring accurate coding, approval and documentation support prior to processing
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Process payments through wires and manual checks and ensure proper review and approval obtained prior to payment release.
- Provide support to other departments including answering expense questions and resolving issues on a timely basis.
- Ensure vendor payments are processed prior to due dates to avoid late penalties
- Creation and maintenance of vendors in compliance with Company policy.
- Maintain and establish quality, productivity and timeliness standards
- Bachelor’s degree – Accounting or Economics preferred
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Experience with automated financial systems, including a general ledger system – Concur Solutions and Intacct preferred
- Effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail with high degree of accuracy
- Experience working with large volume of data preferred
- Able to multi-task and work to internal and external deadlines
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Good understanding of financial processes, practices and applications
- Knowledge of GAAP and industry standards is an advantage
- Strong teamwork skills and able to coordinate across multiple business functions