Over the next 10 years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy will dramatically change how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials will transform the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology will produce sustainable and ethical food. Our clients’s mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this future, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use our client's product in their efforts to solve humanity's most pressing problems.
The Staff Accountant will play a key part in our day-to-day accounting operations, month-end close process, and share in leading the accounts payable efforts for our small but growing team. We are looking for an individual with an accounting background, good understanding of GAAP and general ledger structure. If you are attentive, collaborative, curious and like to be challenged, we would love to meet you!
- Perform full cycle accounts payable function for all business expenses including employee expense reports, vendor management, contract management, W-9 procurement, PO and invoice maintenance and review, coding and posting, securing of sufficient support and approval, and payment.
- Prepare and manage annual 1099 and 3921 filings.
- Prepare weekly and monthly rollforward and reconciliation of balance sheet and expense accounts, including bank and credit card accounts, prepaid expenses, fixed assets and depreciation expenses, deposits, accounts payable, accrued expenses, deferred rent expenses, payroll/401k/FSA/HSA liabilities and related expenses, commission accruals and expenses, etc.
- Identify and post job-specific journal entries, calculations and account flux analysis as part of month/quarter/year-end financial close and reporting processes.
- Assist in preparation and filing of tax returns and compliance reports such as federal and state income taxes, sales, use and excise taxes, local business and property taxes, and other statutory requirements.
- Participate in design and execution of “procure to pay” processes in accordance with the company’s policies.
- Lead or assist on special projects as needed (e.g. audits, system implementation, etc.).
- Ensure that all activities related to this job position are accomplished in an ethical, prudent and secure manner.
- BS/BA in Accounting or equivalent with a solid understanding of GAAP.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in performing account reconciliations and full-cycle accounts payable responsibilities.
- Familiarity with NetSuite in multi-entity structure.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite with intermediate skills in Excel including VLOOKUP, if functions, pivot tables, etc.
- Experience utilizing expense management software for supplier and employee expenses.
- Experience in SaaS environment preferred.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS AND BENEFITS:
- Beautiful, light-filled office in the Financial District of SF
- Monthly health & wellness stipend (up to $100/month on a gym membership, running shoes, or even a massage)
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Meals and snacks covered
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Happy hours, company and team wide social events