Strategic Finance Manager
Our client is seeking an experienced Manager or Senior Manager, Strategic Finance who will help provide the strategic financial insights to create massive value for the overall business. You are very seasoned at building financial models and manipulating data, which will allow us to better understand the complex relationships in our business and markets, and evaluate the economic implications and trade-offs of various strategic actions. This critical role will help us see things others don't, and allow us to recommend changes or develop frameworks that optimize for the overall health, growth and economic profile of the business.
Our Strategic Finance team is responsible for accelerating the growth of the Company by identifying and implementing new opportunities and solutions. We partner with leadership and various functional teams across the company to improve the profitability, scalability and defensibility of our business model. We're looking to hire strategic thinkers who can model the future, solve complex problems, and collaborate effectively to help carry projects from conception through execution. In a typical day, you may extract insights from financial and operating data, build business cases and go-to-market options for new products, and work cross-functionally to design optimal pricing, margin and profitability strategies to effectively negotiate with our large enterprise clients. In this role, you'll have the rare opportunity to help define and lead some of the most impactful initiatives we undertake at the Company.
This is a full-time position at the San Francisco headquarters, reporting directly to the Director of Strategic Finance. The position will also work very closely with the Chief Finance Officer and the Director of FP&A, as well as with other levels of management to provide financial analysis and strategic decision support.
- Provide key analytical and financial decision support for senior executives across all functional areas including the sales and marketing team on pricing initiatives across product lines
- Drive strategic financial analyses to evaluate the company’s operational and strategic decisions, including allocation of budgets by market, client segment, etc., and effectively utilize unit economics and other KPIs
- Develop a holistic strategy for client pricing, or recommend pricing changes we can make to grow a particular slice of our business or client contracts
- Work with other functional teams to build business cases for expansion into new verticals, adjacent spaces, new markets, etc.
- Manage financial impact analysis of various special projects including strategic partnerships, business development opportunities, assessing the company’s capital structure, and working capital impact, etc.
- Work closely with FP&A to develop and maintain a company financial model and detailed financial projections
- Manage and support fundraising activities including preparing investor materials and presentations, financial modeling, and document mark-ups
- Manage investor and other 3rd party due diligence processes to support fund raises and manage online data room, including market, company, accounting, legal and other areas of diligence
- 6 to 9+ years of relevant experience such as from bulge bracket or top-tier boutique investment banks, leading venture capital or private equity firms, or from the finance / corporate finance / strategic finance departments from one of the FAANG companies
- Very strong background in finance, with solid grounding in financial theory and valuation, accounting, financial statement analysis, and business strategy
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting from a top-30 undergraduate institution; Master's degree from a top-20 business school a plus
- Demonstrated experience and track record in equity fundraises from financial and/or strategic investors
- Expert financial modeling
- Exceptional Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint presentation, and financial modeling skills
- Exceptional quantitative, analytical problem-solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills