Technical Accounting Manager Consultant
Technical Accounting Manager (Contract) – East Bay
As the Interim Technical Accounting Manager, you will provide technical expertise and support for technical accounting functions, operational initiatives, and special projects. In addition, you will also be working cross-functionally with accounting staff, legal, strategic finance, and other stakeholders across the organization.
This position offers the successful applicant the opportunity to leverage a strong background in technical accounting into a leading role in a dynamic, purpose-driven company. This position is a 12+ month long project.
- Lead the evaluation of significant accounting transactions, implement relevant accounting technical standards, and prepare technical accounting memos
- Take an active role on special projects that require technical accounting research, providing updates on your findings
- Assist with the accounting close process
- Prepare schedules, journal entries, and reconciliations as it relates to technical areas as well as assisting other accounting areas with the close and monthly finance review processes. This includes, but is not limited to, equity and stock-based compensation.
- Review equity transactions and perform required calculations such as weighted average shares outstanding, diluted shares, EPS, stock-based compensation and prepare related forecasts.
- Prepare data and other supporting information as needed for audits and reviews
- Collaborate with internal SOX consultants to ensure that operational and design effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting are maintained.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance and 3-5 years of related experience
- The desire to be part of a dynamic team in a fast-paced environment
- Strong background in technical accounting, including technical research and writing skills
- Knowledge of GAAP, auditing practices and principles
- Experience with Equity Edge Online highly preferred, but not required
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills required