VP Finance (Controller)
The VP, Accounting & Finance will support both the CEO and COO and will have two direct reports (Controller and Finance Manager). Our client is a Private Equity holding company in SF – they are a small, but tight-knit, driven team. They pride themselves on having an open-door policy with zero bureaucracy and an environment where everyone’s voice is heard. They are entrepreneurial, concerned both about the company’s growth as well as everyone’s personal growth, and having some fun while they are building an amazing company.
The ideal candidate is driven, articulate, solution-oriented and thrives in a dynamic environment. They will be a dynamic leader with a very strong accounting background combined with a business-first mindset.
Great opportunity to take a leadership position in a hyper-growth organization!
As the VP, Accounting and Finance, you’ll be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day financial activities of the company and managing the finance operation as they continue to acquire more companies. We’re looking for a smart, high energy, up-and-coming financial executive with experience in operational accounting in a high-growth environment.
In this role, you will lead the management and oversight of financial forecasts, annual planning, management, financial partnerships with our lenders and private equity sponsor along with managing the fin/ops on-boarding of our companies post acquisition. To be successful in this role, you will need a proven track record of being a strong cross-functional collaborator, an outstanding communicator, a strategic thinker and an effective leader. You have experience within M&A, accounting and FP&A at a technology company and have a firm grasp on key accounting principles.
The ideal person will come from a strong accounting background and be an organized player/coach who can manage our financials across the portfolio. The VP of Accounting & Finance will have accounting leaders at each entity but will oversee the consolidation of the financials at the parent level.
- As a player/coach, provide financial oversight and direction across the company
- Streamline the accounting function, and set standards for accuracy, best practices, and deadlines
- Convert company financials from cash to accrual basis, follow GAAP standards, produce accurate financial statements, and close consolidated financials each reporting period
- Collaborate with and guide accounting teams at each entity
- Work well with and present figures to the company leadership
- Ensure compliance under the terms with our debt financing partners
- Lead budget, metrics, and forecasting processes
- Oversee the company’s audit process and tax filings
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and CPA required, Big4 a plus
- Experience working for a PE-backed company or similar structure and in a high growth environment
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally
- Positive attitude and willingness to dive in and help where needed
- Proficiency with GAAP standards, proven track record of timely close process
- Experience leading audit, budgeting, forecasting and KPI processes
- Strong communication skills and proven leadership experience
- 10+ years in accounting and finance
- Experience with Quickbooks, Xero, and Great Plains a plus