VP, Corporate Controller
The is responsible for coordinating, administering, and overseeing the accounting functions, while providing financial leadership and support for multiple business units of this rapidly growing company. You will work with the operating team to help systemize, strengthen, and streamline processes, in order to improve financial and operational performance. You will also play a key role in the implementation of new IT systems including an ERP. The ideal candidate will be a leader with experience in managing an accounting team and have experience working closely with manufacturing, logistics and operations management teams.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Add value as a key financial business partner to division leadership, while managing a dynamic team
- In coordination with the project management team; analyze and report on efforts to control project costs of all material, labor, and subcontracting expenses, at an individual project level
- Support design and implementation of any system / ERP initiatives
- Partner with Legal / Purchasing /Operations in review of customer contracts, vendor and lease agreements
- Implement and maintain internal controls over client stored materials / equipment as well as vendor managed inventory
- Engage in performance management and participate in the overall job planning process, including continual forecasting
- Evaluate capital spending requests
- Investigate variances from original budgets and plans
- Development of operational accounting procedures and documentation of data flow
- Providing senior management with detailed reports specifying and comparing factors affecting pricing and profitability of products and services
- Build and maintain business relationships with internal and external partners, including Project Managers, Engineers, Quality Control, Logistics, and other departments and customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or other business related field
- Broad based GAAP knowledge together with significant cost and project accounting, experience
- Minimum of 5 years in a manufacturing, construction, or REIT, together with at least 5 years of accounting management experience to include large projects, product lines or capital equipment
- Strong organization and leadership skills required
- Highly motivated, energetic team player with the capability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks with limited or minimal supervision
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical, written, and oral communications skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with senior management as well as a multi-disciplined cross section of a geographically distributed corporate organization